There’s a smarter way to practice. A way to practice that is both efficient and effective. A way to condense a week’s worth of practice into one hour and a month’s worth of practice into a week. An approach to learning about your swing that will help you get better faster and make swing changes that are positive and permanent. A way to have more fun playing golf and to get more enjoyment out of learning about your golf game.
The Practice Effect is:[red_arrow_list width=”100%”]
- Applying a Mastery approach to analyzing and learning about your golf game;
- Employing a knowledge-based learning framework that prioritizes and organizes your areas of focus;
- Establishing advanced feedback methods to learn about the mechanics of your swing;
- Implementing precision practice techniques to more effectively change your mechanics and learn new swing habits;
- Developing an efficient practice routine; and
- Fashioning a reliable, automatic swing you can trust.
If you are going to practice, wouldn’t you rather practice in a way that delivers the maximum results to your game?
Once you understand what’s happening “behind the scenes” as you play and practice you’ll want to shift to a smarter way to improve your game and take full advantage of what we call “The Practice Effect.”
Grooving a swing is what happens when you practice and play. The Practice Effect is about grooving exactly the swing you want.
The Practice Effect is what happens when you combine precision rehearsal with a concentrated focus on enhancing the underlying physiological changes that take place using deliberate practice.
You get better. Faster. On purpose.
THE PRACTICE EFFECT will be released soon. To get on the early-bird notification list, just enter your name and email below. We’ll let you know as soon as the book is available.
More about THE PRACTICE EFFECT
The cutting-edge ideas in this book are the latest thinking and the most advanced techniques for learning faster, focusing your attention more appropriately, and fine-tuning your practice to achieve maximum results.
Deliberate Practice and Precision Rehearsal
The key to taking full advantage of The Practice Effect lies in focusing on the right things, deliberately, and practicing the right way, systematically.
The Practice Effect will help you learn how to …[green_tick_1_list width=”100%”]
- apply the 80/20 rule to get the biggest benefit in the most critical areas of your game;
- create a control swing that will do wonders for your consistency;
- understand how the control swing helps your body use myelin to create neural “superhighways” to groove a consistent swing;
- activate your awareness system so that you can reliably detect and correct swing issues;
- turn information into knowledge, which you can then apply on the course to play smarter golf;
- frame a practice session so that you plan your work and work your plan to get more done in less time;
- turbo-charge your practice sessions by using random block practice techniques to develop internal confidence;
- develop your target awareness and make it the dominant focus of your swing to improve your scoring;
- Most importantly – you will learn how to be your own best Coach.
How You’ll Benefit
The benefit to you when you apply this information is that your golf game will improve:[black_tick_list width=”100%”]
- You’ll know how to consistently make the swing you want;
- You’ll be able to identify the root causes of your mistakes more accurately;
- You’ll learn how to learn;
- You’ll structure your practice sessions systematically to be more effective and efficient;
- Your swing will become more consistent, reliable, and automatic;
- You’ll start shooting lower scores;
- You’ll have a lot more fun learning and playing golf.
What This Book Is Not About
This book is not about quick fixes.
These are not golf tips. This is a knowledge-based learning system that, when applied with a little diligence, will give you more control over your game, more structure to your improvement, and more permanence to the changes you make.
This book is not about swing faults and swing fixes.
We’re not going to tell you what causes your swing faults and how to fix them. There are a hundred places you can go to learn about faults and fixes (and probably find a hundred different answers). This is about learning what to do after you learn what you are supposed to do. This is about learning how to change or shift a swing or game issue so that the results are easier to accomplish and the change becomes permanent.
This book is not about a Swing Method.
We’re not going to suggest that you take your club back a certain way, or whether you should have a one-plane or two-plane swing, or how you should shift your weight during the swing.
If those are things you want to do, great!
If those are things you want to change in your swing, great!
What This Book Is About
Helping you learn how to do the things you want to do with your golf game, and helping you learn how to change the things you want to change in your game are what this book is all about.
Permanent change. And a reliable process for making it happen.
We’ll introduce you to some of the latest advancements in learning theory. We’ll also show you how to apply the theories in the real world. We’ll share a perspective on learning and on philosophies. It is knowledge we’ve gained from researchers who work with Olympic and Professional athletes.
But because we are in the trenches every day, working with students to help them learn and improve, it is also about the practical application of those philosophies.
So you’ll learn about the What and the Why, but you will also get the How and the How to Apply it.
Get Ready To Roll Up Your Sleeves
These are specific tools and techniques. They take a little time and effort to master. They take some conscious thought and deliberate change in the way you practice and approach your game.
But it is an effort that will pay off in dividends down the road with better scores and more enjoyment.
When you finish reading this book we’d like you to be able to learn more, to learn faster, and to learn better. You’ll be a better coach for yourself.
Ultimately, The Practice Effect is about helping you improve in the one place where it really matters: on the golf course.
You see, it’s not what you learn in a lesson or from a golf tip that is the key. It’s what you do after the lesson that is the critical step in determining your lasting improvement.
This is about learning new ways to learn and better ways to get the results you want.
Let’s find out how to get better.